Some ankle braces can be loose, which limits the immobilising properties that help keep the area stable. The Thuasne Malleo Action Junior Ankle Brace is shaped to adhere to your child's anatomy so it provides them with the support they need while also leaving room so they can wear shoes over the top of the brace. The brace provides firm compression of around 22.5mmHg.
Features and Benefits of the Junior Ankle Support
- Knitted ankle brace provides support and proprioception
- Soft ankle sleeve with a compressing knit of around 22.5mmHg
- Anatomically shaped weave for improved stability
- Comfort zone around two malleoli (bony prominences on ankle)
- Patented pull tabs so support can be put on easily
- Ideal for those with a moderate activity level
- Available in one size to fit most children
Indications for the Malleo Action
The Thuasne Ankle Brace is suitable to help with the following:
- Resumption of activity
- Support and proprioception
Strategically-Placed Comfort Zone
Thuasne's Malleo Action Junior Brace has two comfort zones, each of which is placed around the malleoli on either side of the ankle. As these protrude from the skin, it's important that the area is given extra support and protection to help prevent further injury or trauma.
The Thuasne Ankle Support provides your child with support and proprioception as a result of its elastic knit. Proprioception is particularly important in the ankle as any instability in this area can lead to a loss of balance and an increased rate of falling, which can cause further injury.
Size Guide for the Thuasne Ankle Brace
The Malleo Action Ankle Support is available in one single size to fit most children. To find out if it'll fit your child, measure the circumference of their ankle above the malleolus. The support fits a circumference of 16 - 19cm.